The Arcade Crew and developer TurtleBlaze have revealed that Kunai is set to launch on Nintendo Switch on 6th February, giving us a taste of the inevitable future AI uprising.
The game is described as a “quirky, fast-paced action-adventure / Metroidvania” in which you play as Tabby, a sentient tablet who joins the fight against a robot uprising. You’ll need to use your kunai and ninja parkour skills (“PARKOUR!” – sorry) to stop Lemonkus, an evil AI which almost wiped out all human life.
Here’s a lengthy feature list taken from the upcoming Steam version:
● Fast-paced action platforming with a grappling twist.
● Silky smooth movement mechanics tuned to the pixel.
● Lots of juicy exploding robots crafted with care (note: screenshake can be turned off at your own leisure).
● Kunai-driven grappling fun with swinging included to amplify those deadly ninja drops.
● A wide variety of places to explore, ranging from a fallen city, floating airships to artificial deserts and more!
● Unique art style, with every area having its own color palette taking you back to the early days of gaming.
● Combat mechanics and weapons in abundance to slice, dice and fire your robotic foes to pieces.
● Friendly and not so friendly robots to meet along the way including Earl, Chief and the evil A.I. Lemonkus.
● Rocking soundtrack with lots of 16-bit references blasting into your ears.
● You are a NINJA TABLET. ‘Nuff said.
If you want to see more, make sure to check out this second video below. It features almost four minutes of gameplay footage for you to indulge in.
Are you liking the look of this one? Will you be adding it to your Switch wishlist? Tell us below.