Ubisoft has released a launch day Watch Dogs Legion patch that addresses the serious issues the game has been causing for players on specific consoles.
As per a new post over on the Ubisoft forums, a Watch Dogs Legion hotfix has been pushed out that focuses on “[addressing] the performance issues we’re seeing on PlayStation4, Xbox One, and PC.”
The patch is live now on console, and should be available for you to download if you’re reading this. PC players will have to wait a little longer, with the patch coming tomorrow for Windows users.
Ubisoft notes that players having difficulty running the game on PC should make sure they’re running an up-to-date version of Windows.
Though this update will make the game run a little smoother – especially on PS4 thanks to those ‘global performance improvements’ – this isn’t the patch that will fix the serious hardware-crashing issues players have encountered on Xbox One X (notably, in the ‘404’ mission).
Ubisoft notes that the fix for the worst of the bugs is still to be deployed, but should arrive within the next few days (thanks, Eurogamer).
You can see the patch notes in full below:
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One